Friday, May 4, 2007

Correction - A Great Day

Yesterday turned out even better than anticipated. The driving range was fairly active and the weather was perfect if you enjoy 20 to 30 mph winds moving right to left. I shot the bull with a couple of different guys, drank a few beers and learned more about my golf swing.

The golf course was in exceptional condition. Having been to a few professional events, I would rate this course at that level of condition sans the recent spring hole punching (airification). You could take a true divot from anywhere in the fairway and at times the quality of the course seemed almost unbelievable. All for a total green fee of $26.00.

The wind was its typical early May self meaning it was ferocious and changing directions. At times I am quite sure the gusts were approaching 45 mph or more. So much so that my ball while teed up would be quivering. If you're unsure of the shot, the ball is quivering on the tee and the wind is about to blow you over, you have a problem. I shot 45 officially and 43 utilizing the modified BBG Rules of Golf and Scoring.

After making the after nine beer run, and a marginal tee and approach shot on 10, I noticed the weather beginning to settle down and the evening's sunset beginning to define itself. Big Easy went off on the back side and shot even par until it was too dark to see. Its a shame I have to give him a spanking from time to time to get him to play like this normally. I cheap tented a couple of holes on the back and this continues to be an issue. I did however hit some very good golf shots throughout the day.

Putting demands more.

No comments: