Friday, June 15, 2007

Busy, busy, busy

Time does fly when one is having a lot of fun. Since the middle of May, I have been playing a lot of golf and having a wonderful time. As is so often the case, something has to give and that would be my writing. There really is not much of a choice between playing golf and writing about it...

Since my last post I have played several nice courses. The best so far has to be Eisenhower's Blue course. Unrelenting and the greens are terrifically fast and have a great deal of break. I am biased since I was stationed at the Academy 23 years ago and played both courses often. The Blue is still a classic course in the truest sense of the word. I doubt I will play too many courses better.

My swing continues to evolve and I might add with some really positive results. I love to shoot a great score but right now, I am much more into learning how to shoot great scores more often than not. For me this allows a bit of freedom to try the seven iron bump and run or a driver on a tight par 4. I think its about limits and being able to know what is a shot that can be made on a consistent basis and one that is only for hero time when you absolutely need it.

My goal for this golf season will be to shoot in the 70's on a regular basis. I think by August this will happen.

For now, I am playing a lot of golf and loving it. Think about the right knee the next time you're on the range. Peace.

No comments: