Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Grandote Peaks

Cyndy and I snuck away for a few days to La Veta Colorado to play a little known Wieskopf course named Grandote Peaks. I am very glad we went.

We stayed in La Veta at the La Veta Inn. First class establishment in all facets. The room was clean and quaint, the bar stocked, food fantastic and the outside patio in the evening is a dream. Give them a look some time at Lavetainn.com. Scott and his staff will take very good care of you.

The golf course itself is nestled in a valley surrounded by mountains and in particular the Spanish Peaks. The design is perfect if you enjoy hitting your driver and longer irons. Only a bit above 7,000 yards from the tips, the course is no push over. The superintendent does a great job with the course. The greens were a bit slow but they were just verti-cutting and double cutting the greens today. My guess is they will be at 10 or 11 in two weeks.

My game continues to improve and I am pleased with my progress. I am actually considering changing drivers over the next week. Not that the R7 is not great because it is a superb driver. The Taylor 200 steel just seems to fit me better and provides the trajectory I am looking for. The experiment has been going on for a week or so and I am tempted to switch.

Cyndy's game continues to improve. Its such a good time watching her progress. In time, she will be tough to beat. Our little get away was just what the doctor ordered and I can't wait to sneak away again. Playing golf, eating good food, drinking good beer and being with Cyndy. What more could a guy want?

No comments: